Thursday, August 5, 2010
Masters of War
Just some pictures of the food we are eating from the backyard. Feels good to be at least somewhat successful swimming against the tide...
As usual, the conversation has been really good, but I feel compelled to continue it with a new post so that the comments don’t go to a crazy level. Actually, I want to start with a comment p put up from the last batch, because it exemplifies one of the zillion aspects of how totally corrupt and self-serving the parasitic Overlords have become. The continuing wars in the Middle East or wherever the latest trumped up justification leads is just beyond belief. Here’s p’s comment from yesterday”
today's pop quiz allows for 3 guesses and the first two don't count. what pri contractor to the military is this...
1) They were in charge of clean water, but most of the water sources were found to have no treatment in them at all, and when tested were found to be chock full of pathogens and parasites
2) They were in charge of food, but refused to allow 24-hr. access to meals (not cost-effective), so since soldiers' mealtimes were all known, that's when mess halls and camps were attacked
3) They were in charge of laundry (getting $99/bag for it), but soldiers said their clothes came back dirtier than they went out, and they were forbidden to wash out their own clothes in the sink
4) They were in charge of soft drinks, which were given to the soldiers for free, but the camps were charged $46/6-pack to purchase them, yet the drinks were made locally in the desert, thus the transportation cost was almost nothing
5) 'Cost Plus' payment basis meant they are given a percentage of everything they spent; therefore they had no incentive to save money
6) Company orientation meetings were in the most lavish seaside hotels in Kuwait,w/unlimited access to sea and sports vehicles, and employees were paid by the hour to use them. Ordinary employees living in the company compound were provided everything, including deluxe living arrangements, 5-star meals catered in every day, and were each (including secretaries) given a top of the line ford or chevy truck fully loaded, while those higher up were given hummers and cadilac escalades.....for the desert... One former employer saw a copy of the 3-yr. lease for an employee's SUV--it was $7,000/mo. (totalling roughly $250,000 for the vehicle, over a 3-year period, that anyone in america could purchase for around $45,000 ... american taxpayers paying the difference...)
7) When the wrong equipment was delivered (frequently), it was left in its packaging, and then eventually the warehouse was set on fire and everything declared a loss and insurance collected.
8) Brand new (military, not civilian) trucks costing $75,000-$100,000 each were shipped w/out little things like oil filters, which of course quickly trashed the trucks and required purchase of new ones...In fact, regulations required that the soldiers blow up defective trucks and destroy them, so nothing was ever salvaged from these vehicles....
its said there's a right place in U for everything that exists. i wish these fucks god speed on their journey... p
The disgusting thing is that after the malfeasance of KBR and Halliburton has been exposed on television, Youtube, and in congressional hearings, these war profiteers continue to be granted additional contracts! The troops continue to get used for every sleazy contrivance, putting their lives and health at risk, while these moral lepers haul in the Big Bucks. It goes on and on. Throughout the Republican and now the Democratic administrations, it hasn’t mattered.
The moral turpitude of the military/industrial /banking cartel just defies even my penchant for ridicule and abuse. All the while hypocritical lip-service is given as to how much this country cares for its troops. I could gag.
Now, new feelers and hints are slipped into our consciousness every day. Pakistan, Somalia, Iran, Lebanon…. Who’s next? Drones operated like video games from remote bases in the states drop bombs on wedding parties and reporters. And who is called to task? The guy who “leaked” the information. He gets sentenced to fifteen years. Anybody with more than Corn Flakes stuffed into his cranium knows that the wrong people are going to jail.
“War props up the economy,” is it said. Oh, really? Just who’s economy? Sixty-six percent of the income growth between 2001 and 2007 went to the top 1% of all Americans. For the first time in U.S. history, banks own a greater share of residential housing net worth in the United States than all individual Americans put together. The bottom 50 percent of income earners in the United States now collectively own less than 1 percent of the nation’s wealth. Wars are not adding any money to my economy. …or yours, either, unless you are a Federal worker, maybe. The average Federal worker now earns 60% more than the average worker in the private sector(stats from Survival Acres). These are the minions who facilitate the atrocities that the Rulers decree. Add in the media talking heads, the sports stars, and the Hollywood glitteroti who distract us from the daily grind.
The rest of us are in the “service economy.” Read that “we are their servants.”
I remember when we were not servants. I was reminded last night when we watched a DVD I picked up at the video section of our local grocery store. It was entitled, “The Chicago 10.” What a blast from the past. It was a surprisingly good and creative portrayal of the anti-Vietnam War era. Great footage of the thousands of protesters and leaders of the anti-war, pro-peace movement. The demonstrations in Chicago during the Democratic Convention and the subsequent trial of the 8 and their lawyers. I would say that it was right about the time that they all were convicted and sentenced to do time, that the Overlords decided to really destroy our freedom and put us on our knees.
It’s forty years later, and they’ve pretty much got it all locked up. Our only hope is that their success will be their undoing. Now that they’ve killed so many and planted the seeds of revenge into millions, poisoned the land, sea, and air, stuptified the masses, made most of us sick, depleted the oceans, wasted the water, and fucked up the climate – are they happy now?
There’s an Italian scientist who reports that he is finding that the Gulf Stream has stopped, due to the changed viscosity of the water from the oil and dispersants in the Gulf. If that’s the case, they’re going to have to fit Buckingham Palace with some serious insulation as the Ice Age returns to the British Isles. And, if the electrical grid goes down due to the increased electromagnetism of the sun, the Wizards of Wallstreet are going to be in a world of hurt when all their electronic money blinks out. Poof! I don’t think anybody’s gonna want to carry their bags anymore.
Contradictory reports on just about everything continue to drive me crazy. Happy talk on the lamestream about how the oil is disappearing from the Gulf, the economy is “recovering,” the well has been permanently capped, the stock market is strong, etc, flies in the face of the unemployment figures, the real estate being held in reserve by the banks, the corexit in the Gulf waters, the near bankruptcy of many nations (including ours), and being on the verge of WWIII.
I guess the most serious outrage, though, is the corruption of the war mongers and their minions. The damage that they are doing to our troops, our nation, the poor people we go to war against and the planet in general are just beyond words. Just keep this all in mind in the next election… third parties or “none of the above” is going to be my option. Where is Ross Perot when we need him?